HOW TO PLAY
Each participant competes one at a time against the stopwatch.
• Each participant begins with one basketball in hand and both feet behind and to the right of the designated starting cone (‘start’ cone shown in page 10 diagram).
• The participant begins when the timer yells “GO” or blows the whistle. The participant ends when
the timer yells “STOP” or blows the whistle after 1 minute has elapsed.
• Each participant is allowed one false start. If a participant false starts, the timer blows the whistle so
the participant can return to the starting cone. If a participant false starts a second time, he or
she is disqualified.
• Participants begin the zig-zag dribble by dribbling past the first cone to the left.
• Participants MUST follow the zig-zag dribbling around each cone, followed up with the speed
dribble, as outlined in the Competition Flow Diagram on page 10 before any shot attempts are
taken from designated shooting spots.
• Participants may begin the shooting portion from any shooting spot and may shoot in any order.
• Once a shot is taken, the participant must shoot from a different spot (a participant may not take
consecutive shots from the same spot, make or miss).
• Participants must retrieve their own rebounds.
• Participants must dribble throughout the challenge, including after rebounding and upon returning
to another shooting spot.
• A basket counts only if the ball is released before the timer yells “STOP”.
• After the 1 minute, each participant will shoot one free throw worth 3 points.
• Have the participant attempt the free throw with both feet behind the 15-foot free throw line as if in
a normal game. All age and gender groups will shoot from the same designated free throw line.